ANDRITZ launches the next generation of its highly successful ModuScreen family of pressure screens – the new PrimeScreen X. The newly developed screen has thoroughly been tested in most demanding OCC applications and shows significant improvements in energy efficiency, screening performance and maintainability.
The PrimeScreen X builds on the success of more than 5,400 globally installed ANDRITZ pressure screens in stock preparation applications and offers additional and innovative key benefits to our customers.
1. Top-feed stock inlet. The top-down design takes advantage of gravity to remove heavy contaminants quickly and minimize wear on rotor and screen basket. Top-down also improves the removal of light rejects, preventing the accumulation in the feed area, which again extends the life of wearing components.
2. New PrimeRotor and foil design. The PrimeScreen X can be equipped with the new PrimeRotor, which improves screening efficiency and reduces energy consumption by up to 25%, compared to a competitive screen in a comparable application. The PrimeRotor foils are interchangeable with any other ANDRITZ foils and the rotor could be installed in any screen type available on the market.
3. Easier maintenance. The design of the new rotor attachment and basket fixing results in reduced downtime, as maintenance and replacement of rotor and basket is quick and easy.
4. Enhanced geometry. The optimized screen basket height-to-diameter ratios comply with the requirements of different furnishes and applications, helping to reduce the thickening factors and leading to a better control of fiber loss.
5. Versatile in application. The PrimeScreen X is suited to all screening applications independent of the raw materials.
Wolfgang Lashofer, Senior Vice President and Global Division Manager of Paper, Fiber and Recycling Division at ANDRITZ: “Our new PrimeScreen X reduces energy consumption significantly and improves performance of our customers’ plants, thus meeting exactly market demands”.