ANDRITZ to upgrade board machine for Consorzio Cartiere in Tivoli, Italy
International technology Group ANDRITZ was awarded an order from Consorzio Cartiere in Tivoli, Italy, to upgrade the board machine and related stock preparation line at the mill in Tivoli.
After start-up, which is scheduled for the beginning of 2018, the capacity of the board machine will be increased from 78,000 to over 100,000 t/a.
The paper machine has a design speed of 1,000 m/min and produces fluting, testliner, corrugated medium and imitation-kraft papers with a basis weight range of 90-170 gsm. The raw material is 100% waste paper.
ANDRITZ’s scope of supply comprises:
– Upgrade of the stock preparation line and approach flow system
– Upgrade of the board machine including a PrimeFlow SW headbox with dilution control for the bottom layer, rebuild of the top and fourdrinier wires and press sections with a PrimePress X shoe press
– Rebuild of the pre-dryer and after-dryer sections to adjust drying capacity to the new production targets
– New ropeless tail threading system
– New broke pulpers
– Engineering, supervision, commissioning, start-up, training, spare part packages
The ANDRITZ design provides innovative, high dewatering performance for the production of corrugated base paper grades. With the upgrade, Consorzio Cartiere in Tivoli aims at a significant improvement of the paper quality, enhanced runnability and increased production.
With this order, ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER is confirming its position as leading supplier for major rebuilds of paper and board production lines.