After start-up, which is scheduled for the beginning of 2018, the capacity of the board machine will be increased from 78,000 to over 100,000 t/a.
The paper machine has a design speed of 1,000 m/min and produces fluting, testliner, corrugated medium and imitation-kraft papers with a basis weight range of 90-170 gsm. The raw material is 100% waste paper.
ANDRITZ’s scope of supply comprises:
– Upgrade of the stock preparation line and approach flow system
– Upgrade of the board machine including a PrimeFlow SW headbox with dilution control for the bottom layer, rebuild of the top and fourdrinier wires and press sections with a PrimePress X shoe press
– Rebuild of the pre-dryer and after-dryer sections to adjust drying capacity to the new production targets
– New ropeless tail threading system
– New broke pulpers
– Engineering, supervision, commissioning, start-up, training, spare part packages
The ANDRITZ design provides innovative, high dewatering performance for the production of corrugated base paper grades. With the upgrade, Consorzio Cartiere in Tivoli aims at a significant improvement of the paper quality, enhanced runnability and increased production.
With this order, ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER is confirming its position as leading supplier for major rebuilds of paper and board production lines.