The operation includes the acquisition of new customers, the Forest brand, an overall converting production capacity of 30 thousand tonnes and a converting plant in Piszke. The framework of the agreement also includes buying approximately 90,000 square metres of land.
Sofidel Group, one of the world’s leading paper producers for hygienic and domestic use, especially known in Italy for its Regina label, strengthens its presence on the European market by closing an important operation in Hungary.
The operation, made with Forest Papir Kft, involves the acquisition of new customers and the Forest brand, an overall converting production capacity of 30 thousand tonnes and a converting plant in Piszke. The framework of the agreement also includes buying approximately 90,000 square metres of land.
More specifically, Sofidel has acquired:
• finished product sales (brand segment and private label segment);
• the Forest brand, one of the main brands on the Hungarian market;
• the Piszke plant (with a Futura line for toilet paper rolls) north-west of Budapest near the Slovakian border;
• the line in the Lábatlan plant (one, Perini, for toilet paper and kitchen rolls) and the lines in the Leányvár plant (several lines, for folded product: handkerchiefs and paper napkins), and the rent of the relative plants for 3 years;
• approximately 90 thousand square metres of land next to the Piszke production site.
The acquired overall converting production capacity is equal to 30,000 tonnes. 200 workers are involved. Piszke, a town along the Danube, approximately one and a half hours by car from the capital city of Budapest.
“With this acquisition in Hungary, through our production activity, we are staking an area of eastern Europe that was hitherto left uncovered by us” declared Luigi Lazzareschi, Sofidel Group CEO.