Since 1997, Maflex has been providing converting solutions to customers worldwide, working as a flexible and dynamic company.
The last few years have been very important to the growth of the company, thanks to numerous enhancements on the machines. In 2018 Maflex introduced the HERMES rewinder with the tool-less product changeover (also available on the “little sister” ARES). In 2019, Maflex introduced the HERACLE embosser featuring an automatic embossing roll exchange system.
In response to multiple customer’s requests, the Maflex R&D Department was tasked with making the machinery more interactive and accessible. The answer was the launch of PEGASO!
PEGASO is the system which allows a Maflex line to be fully managed by remote. It is your production assistant, your data recorder, your “work simplifier”. Let’s take a deeper look at PEGASO’s main features.
- The system allows you to see the current production shift: through its large touch screen, the system allows the line operator to view, at a glance, all production data in real time.
- It provides detailed information about production for the last 30 days, taking into account operator shifts, batch numbers, production orders, product recipes, etc.
- When given a list of production orders to be carried out, the system provides the sequence in which orders have to be worked out in order to minimize set up time and thus increasing machine productivity. Thanks to the Reel Management System, the type and quantity of parent reels can be determined automatically by the production orders entered into the System. This creates optimal production and logistics.
- The machine speed can be regulated automatically, so it can best utilize the accumulator and prevent the user from running the log saw machine faster than necessary, avoiding energy waste and reducing components wearing.
- Production can be reviewed at a later time, broken down by shift, operator, etc. to review efficiency and uptime. The system can also keep track of each batch number for retrospective review, to investigate any quality concerns from the customer.