Maflex is celebrating 25 years of supplying machinery, with over 200 units installed and operating around the world. In addition to quality machinery, Maflex also provides the following:
- Market study (especially for start-up companies).
- Financing Assistance Programs.
- Converting facility analysis.
- Individual line study and optimization.
- Turn-key project solutions.
Shaping technology on your goals
Maflex continues to grow in delivering turn-key solutions to converters throughout the world. Customers put their trust in Maflex to handle all aspects of the project. This includes supplying the converting equipment, packaging machinery, conveyors, necessary riggers and installation details. Maflex chooses compatible downstream equipment which maximizes the performance of the line, while meeting the customer’s budgetary requirements. Because of our past success, Maflex is experiencing an increase in turn key project requests. The following is an example of a turn key project we provided to our Eastern European customer: the company was already converting product with older equipment. They decided to invest in Maflex for a new line for consumer products. Due to their experience with and faith in Maflex, they chose Maflex as the primary contractor.
The scope of supply was to deliver and install the complete converting line. We also helped them obtain financing for this project. The scope of supply, directly related to Maflex machinery, consists of:
- Coremaker GAIA 100, able to run up to 140 m/min. Equipped with flying splice unwind stands and quick-change winding mandrel.
- 3 Unwinders UT250 (for reels up to Ø2500mm) available with zero speed automatic splice option.
- HERACLE embosser/laminator with automatic change feature, able to change upper steel roll 100% from Operator Panel, without breaking the paper and with an infinite possibility of embossing rolls. In this case, the customer decided for 3 upper steel rolls (1 for kitchen towel DESL and 2 for toilet rolls, DERL). The HERACLE can laminate at 600 m/min and can achieve a “going-to-going” roll change in less than 3 minutes.
- HERMES Consumer Rewinder with easy-to-use operator interface to help create a perfect winding profile. This highly flexible rewinder provides tool-free, push-button product changeover. The HERMES can run up to 600 m/min and produce up to 40 logs per minute.
- IVI Tail Sealer, up to 40 Logs/min and a high-capacity Log Accumulator (logs up to Ø200mm O.D.).
- HESPERIA 4C, a 4 channel Log Saw able to cut from Ø90mm to Ø200mm with Electronic Universal Clamps.