The ANDRITZ scope of supply encompasses
– components for the existing ANDRITZ screw press that feeds the installed ANDRITZ HC mixer
– a new screw conveyor system to the peroxide high-consistency (PHC) bleaching tower
– a new ANDRITZ PHC bleaching tower including an integrated medium-consistency (MC) pump
– a new pulp screw press including dilution conveyor as well as
– a new MC pump to feed the pulp to the existing storage tower.
The bleaching system upgrade by ANDRITZ will lead to an increase in BTMP production from 30 to 37 admt/h, while at the same time substantially reducing energy consumption per ton of pulp produced.
ANDRITZ’s proven advanced bleaching technology for mechanical pulping processes, the high reliability of its systems, equipment, and components as well as the long-term and successful business relationship between the two companies were decisive for Cartulinas CMPC to place the order with ANDRITZ.
Cartulinas CMPC S.A., Planta Maule, is one of the leading board producers in America with customers in more than 40 countries worldwide.